As the founder of Nunneley | Family Law, Barbara D. Nunneley dedicates herself to helping our clients protect their future and their children. Attorney Nunneley also works as a Special Counsel for Sullivan & Cook, LLC. With over 40 years of experience practicing law in North Texas, she has been repeatedly included on the Super Lawyers® list (2003-2021) by the Thomson Reuters service printed in Texas Monthly and as a “Top Attorney” (2001-2020) by Fort Worth, Texas – The City’s Magazine and was recognized as one of the "Best Lawyers in America" by U.S. News & World Report (2019-2023) and was honored with the "lawyer of The Year" (2020-2023) award in family law Dallas/Fort Worth by best Lawyers in America.
PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES & HONORS:
- Certified Specialist in Family Law
- Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Member [Ret.]
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Texas Chapter, Member & Past President [Ret.]
- Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists, Member & Past President
- Family Law Council - State Bar of Texas 1996-2006 (Membership Committee Former Chair)
- Family Law Advisory Commission for the Texas Board of Legal Specialization (Former Member)
- State Bar Form Book Committee, Family Law (Former Member)
- Tarrant County Family Law Bar Association, Member & Past President
- Texas Woman’s University Foundation, Past Chair
- Texas Super Lawyer 2003 through 2021, Texas Monthly Magazine & Thomson Reuters
- Top 50 Women, Texas Super Lawyer 2004, 2005, 2013 and 2014, Texas Monthly Magazine and Thomson Reuters – Top Attorney 2001-2020, Fort Worth, Texas - The City’s Magazine
- Texas Woman’s University Distinguished Alumna
- Recipient of the Eva Barnes Award of the Tarrant County Family Law Bar Association
- Martindale-Hubbell Bar Register of Preeminent Women Lawyers
- AV Preeminent-Top Rated Lawyer by Matindale-Hubbell
- Selected “The Best Lawyers in America - Family Law” 2019-2023
- Selected “Lawyer of the Year” Best Lawyers in America 2022-2023 [DFW; Family Law]
RECENT LAW RELATED PUBLICATIONS AND SPEAKING ENGAGEMENTS:
- "It’s a Dog eat Dog World: Enhancing Enforcement & Chapter 9 Litigation” 27th Annual New Frontiers in Marital Property, October 2022, Lake Tahoe, California.
- “Green Acres: Rural vs. Big City Divorces” Nunneley, Barbara D., Co-Author Beane, Greg, 43rd Annual Marriage Dissolution Institute, State Bar of Texas, April 2021, Webcast.
- “Can you enforce that? Best Practices for Filing and Defending Enforcement Suits” 46th Annual Advanced Family Law Course, State Bar of Texas, August 2020, Webcast.
- “Property Valuation on a Shoestring” 45th Annual Advanced Family Law Course, State Bar of Texas, August 2019, San Antonio, Texas.
- “The Amicus Attorney: Friend or Foe?” Panel Moderator, 42nd Annual Marriage Dissolution Institute, State Bar of Texas, April 2019, Galveston, Texas.